Job title: Faults Man – (1 Position)
Reports: Network Controller
Duty station: Arua
To provide timely emergency response to restoration of power supply to the grid in situation of system interruptions, while giving immediate attention to rectifying unsafe conditions on the power network.
- Resolve customer network related complaints in a timely manner.
- Carry out switching operations on the network.
- Ensure that workmanship on the Distribution network is done as per the Company and regulatory technical standards.
- Ensure that all network maintenance work is carried as per the maintenance plan.
- Report and/or escalate accurately all safety incidents, near-misses inclusive, in accordance with the Company safety incident reporting procedure.
- Ensure that loads are balanced across all the three phases.
- Ensure safety for the distribution equipment by way of correct fusing, proper surge protection and earthing, carry out onsite inspections and report all anomalies to the supervisors.
- Ensure that all switching operations are carried out safely and only under instructions from Network control Centre/ Network control Engineer.
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Who we are looking for;
You should have a National Diploma /Advanced Certificate in Electrical Engineering with experiences in working with Power systems, Line Construction, Metering with the ability to communicate in English, Lugbara and Swahili languages
Ownership of a Driving License is a Must
How to apply:
If you believe you are the one we are looking for, please send your application, CV and academic documents with a cover Letter in one PDF File by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly detailing your suitability and why we should hire you for the position in terms of required qualifications, skills and experiences addressed to the: Human Resources & Administration Officer P.O. Box 241 Arua Plot 14 Rhino Camp Road not later than 15th January , 2021, 17:00 Hrs.
Kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your application, Day time telephone numbers & email address