Job title: Fleet Assistant (1 position)
Reports to: Human Resources & Admin Officer
Duty station: Arua (West Nile Region)
To organize and coordinate work vehicles with the aim of improving efficiency, reduce costs, and provide compliance with both Company Fleet & government traffic regulations, monitor driver behavior as well as, proper vehicle use, work breaks and safety.
- Provide data entry for fleet management, maintain and organize fleet asset records, capture all preventative maintenance and annual Inspections, maintain vehicle files, and perform other administrative or clerical duties required to support Fleet. operations as assigned by the Fleet Manager, including surplus equipment processing.
- Organize transport team members shifts & use of vehicles according to needs of the departments & sections so as to ensure service delivery in a cost-efficient model.
- Ensuring & checking that there is standard servicing of vehicles is carried out on daily & weekly basis.
- Checking & ensuring that all log books & vehicle equipment are available such asaccess paper, contact lists, first aid kits and many others.
- Recording mechanical diagnostics while controlling and managing the mechanical stock and follow up reparations for spare parts.
- Develop & maintain a fleet inspection programme.
- Responsible for hiring cranes and trucks for all company short term project works & O&M works.
- Monitor fuel stock consumption, vehicle control and facilitate timely reporting for fleet activities while giving up to date records as per the company procedures.
- Report any accidents, insurance, license renewal or other documentation issues.
- Track the field movement follow, monitor, track safety & security of drivers.
- Perform filing of all documents related to the fleet as required.
- Schedule & verify that repair orders are complete where clarification is needed, locate responsible mechanic and confirm information.
- Laisse with finance/ procurement department on Vehicle/ motorcycle, licensing such as renewal of vehicle insurance policies.
- Assist in issuing or replacement of fuel cards.
- Prepare monthly reports for fuel transactions, as requested by operational staff.
Who we are looking for;
You should have a Diploma in Transport & logistics Management, with a certificate in Motor Vehicle technology /Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage
Two years of proven experience in the same position