Job title: Public Relation & Communications Officer (1 position)
Reports: Human Resources & Admin Officer
Duty station: Arua (West Nile Region)
Purpose of Job: To handle all aspects of planned publicity campaigns, community relations, customer service coordination and public relations activities for West Nile Rural Electrification Co. Ltd
- Responsible for writing and producing presentations and press releases as and when required.
- Uphold the reputation and protect the mission of West Nile Rural Electrification Company by practicing fair and ethical business standards and reposition business in the minds of the Electricity Consumers and stake holders through continuous rebranding of services and engagements.
- Responsible for keeping appointments with Local government stake holders i.e., through attending district Council meetings and respond to any stake holder’s needs, negotiate transactions on behalf of management.
- Organizing and managing corporate events such as press conferences, community open days, tours and visits.
- Identify business opportunities through new customer prospects and evaluating their position in the industry and discuss with management on plans of extending power supply to such consumers to increase business profitability.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information on sales Channels, running agencies and advice on best business service improvement options as well as all activities conducted in a month.
- Schedule and prepare and attend all Talk shows to enlighten consumers on service trends, projects and any challenges while responding to questions raised on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with other teams such as marketing and designers to create promotional content.
- Media, Website monitoring and analysis to suggest any new innovations from time to time.
- Maintaining a data base of relevant journalists, stake holders and update a WENRECo contact directory on annual basis.
- Social media management i.e. Facebook account, Twitter page, whats up page, skype and Instagram.
- Content development e.g., for websites, e-newsletters and Fliers that communicate product information to customers.
- Managing and ensuring response on inquiries from all stakeholders including the public, the press, and related organizations.
- Create and maintain the customer service and complaint database
Who we are looking for;
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in Mass communication, Journalism or related field.
- Three years’ Experience with PR Campaigns and Media management.
- Knowledge in design (CS6 suite) is an added advantage.
- Excellent Communication Skills Both Orally and in writing with the ability to speak English, Swahili & Lugbara /Alur languages.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills- MS word, Excel, outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate Initiative.
- Ability to Priorities and plan effectively
How to apply:
If you believe you are the one, we are looking for, please send your application, CV and academic documents with a cover Letter in one PDF File by email to: email@example.com
clearly detailing your suitability and why we should hire you for the position in terms of required qualifications, skills and experiences addressed to the: Human Resources & Administration Officer P.O. Box 241 Arua Plot 14 Rhino Camp Road not later than 15th January, 2021, 17:00 Hrs.
Kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your application, Day time telephone numbers & email address.